Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Reporting to: Warehouse Manager
Working hrs: 08:00 – 16:30
Salary: £16,500- £18,000
The Warehouse Operative’s main objective is to provide assistance to the Warehouse Supervisor with the running of the Warehouse department. This involves ensuring delegated tasks given are conducted as requested by the Warehouse Supervisor, conducting routine checks and controls, ensuring preparation of customer orders for picking, packing, and dispatch are recorded correctly. The Warehouse Operative reports to the Warehouse Supervisor in the first instance, and works in close conjunction and supporting the Warehouse Department.
· To ensure the preparation of customer orders for picking, packing, and dispatch in order of priority.
· To organise and sort goods delivered and dispatches.
· To take on the tasks and responsibilities of the warehouse operatives where necessary.
· To perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Warehouse Manager/Supervisor where necessary.
· To conduct routine checks and controls for products held.
· Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the company’s culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures.
· Meeting targets set by Management
· To ensure all tasks are produced to a high standard and are completed on time.
· Undertake any training relevant to the efficient execution of any of the above duties, and to take responsibility for his/her own professional development.
· To undertake necessary Health & Safety responsibilities and duties as required by this post.
· To undertake any necessary Data Protection responsibilities and duties as required by the post.
· To follow and maintain systems as laid down by line management.
· To undertake any other tasks as deemed necessary by the Company when required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of 1 years experience in Warehouse Environment
· Understands what excellent customer service entails
· Solid understanding of health and safety regulations
· Experience working in a warehouse
· A Counterbalance Forklift Licence
· Production of dispatch notes & picking lists
· Customer returns reporting
· Picking & packing of orders
· Working knowledge of health & safety standards
· Stocktaking & stock control
· Driver license required
· A Reach forklift licence
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
· Strong numeracy and literacy skills
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Strong IT Skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong organisational and administration skills
· Solid interpersonal and communication both verbal and written skills
· Successful management of demanding workloads
· Good team-working skills
· Enthusiastic and results-driven
· Takes pride in delivering excellence
· Confident and positive proactive attitude
· Resilient, able to adapt and learn quickly
· A good level of fitness
· Ability to find practical solutions to problems
· First Aid